Office Design

05:34



I am an Account Manager at a signage and print company called Sign Network in Christchurch,
New Zealand.  My Bosses came to us in a marketing meeting with a challenge - Instantly my ears are pricked and the Tuesday morning no motivation is gone...  I LOVE A CHALLENGE.

The challenge.. "To re-design our office spaces using materials that Sign Network can produce and outside of that we had a $100.00 budget. The offices will then go on our Facebook page for our followers to vote for their favourite. Once voting is finished, we will randomly select a winner who will win a $250.00 SNL goodie bag and also the office with the most votes will win a prize too."
I have been working for SNL for 4 years, as a company we like to stand out from the crowd and turn heads not only for our clients but for ourselves.
Above you will see my final design.  A huge thanks to pinterest - that site is amazing for inspiration but can lead you off on a journey eg:  I started looking at vintage lofts, clicked on a how to make floating shelves and ended up looking at plants that don't need light to grow (was a trying time for my girlfriend that wanted me to look at Boxer puppies with her on Instagram, but I was on my own tangent - alt of heated conversations haha).
So you may have picked up that I was looking at lofts..  I love them, if this city didn't fall apart from earthquakes 4 years ago I would be in one right now!!  I found the perfect large white brick image on Google images that was a good size for printing, we use a product called Phototech - its removable and easy to apply and done well its seamless when you do put it on, whip it through the HP Latex printer and its done. Next was the décor for the wall.  I had found a blackboard paint blackboard on pinterest that I hought was brilliant so I put th SNL twist and did it in black board Vinyl. 
 
Im into Photography in a huge way, if you have read my other blogs or follow me on Instagram (@helloimshayden) you will know already. I wanted to use a few of my images in my new office....... Ply wood prints through the HP digital flatbed printer - PERFECT!!  I wanted to put quotes that mean something to me on the wall, success quotes it is..  I put these oer my images and ut them out so the ply wood is showing.  When it came to printing the Plywood we had to white wash the sheets as the printer doesn't print white + it looks pretty rad!
My office is super echoey as the walls are concrete and I don't know how to talk quietly haha.  So my initial thought was to do a canvas print with some "floating shelves" on the back wall and stuff the canvas print with carpet underlay to silence the echo....  The design just didn't say done to me so I may have cheated a bit and showed my boss when his wife wasn't looking haha.  He thought I should make it look log cabin with a fireplace with some guns hanging on the wall etc. I dint like that because heat is not good when your in an office and even though its not real I would just get anxious and think its making me feel hot haha.  So I did like he idea of the wood panels on the back an it still kept in line with my "loft" compulsion.  Then the ideas came ....  had a look on TradeMe and picked up some old windows from the Redzone (earthquake damaged) $20.00 - couldn't haggle the bugger to $15.00 haha found a perfect image that was used on a Mental health website that is looking out to a forest - not all lofts have to look over a shitty city right? Got a Deer head from the Warehouse $30.00 for in between the windows, a clock mechanism so I could make a plywood clock $10.00 and all he rest were made up by bits and bobs to make it a winning office!
Total spent $99.00
Have a look at how bloody awesome my office turned out!!! If you want to check out the other two offices, have a look on the Sign Network Facebook page (link below)
 
Before .......



After .......
 



Ply wood prints, Acm router cut letters and pallet shelves... all produced at Sign Network
 

 
Shot of a sign Network mug and a few bits and bobs in the back to give the office some funk!



Depth shot to show the windows with print behind and stag head on the wall print.



Ply wood prints with photos by myself and designs.  Plywood clock in the background



Banksy artwork with router cut orange balloon to represent the SNL brand, blackboard vinyl wall planner







PS:  I WON!!!!


Links as promised

Sign Network

Pinterest

Instagram



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow us on Instagram @moochstyle

Pin this bad boy