New Zealand Photography

21:52

I haven't travelled far abroad, but I have made the most of what our country offers.  Living in Christchurch and having parents in Te Anau and Waiwera I get to travel most of the South Island each time just to visit.

If you asked me the most unreal place I have been to I would say Milford Sound, my parents shouted Georgia and I a trip there late 2012.  First up we didn't have jackets, luckily my parents own a store called Fab & Finesse in Tea Anau that sells all the jackets you need for the bloody cold conditions that Fiordland throws at you (link to their FB page below).

We set off early in the morning to get there, the landscape was typical Te Anau on the way to Homer Tunnel (lake and farmland)  Homer tunnel was pretty cool, Dark and poorly lit, carved out none of this tile walls and fluorescent lights.  When you get through the tunnel the view is amazing, snow to the ground low cloud, mountains and windy roads - oh and the odd Kea haha. It was like a new world - I was just annoyed that I was driving so I couldn't get a snap.

Here are a few shots I managed to get, as you can see it was pretty wet and wild out there, excuse the low res images, I had to use my iphone because my lens would just get slaughtered by the rain.




I notice down South (home) is so much better for getting a good shot.  It so much more un touched and lush down there.  If you are ever in the area of Te Anau make sure you pop into see my folks at Fab & Finesse on the main street there.

I have had a couple of pictures used on websites and in magazines.  People get very anti about their stuff being used.  Personally I love it.  Not everyone gets the opportunity to see these sites and of course travel around to see them.  Hopefully I inspire someone at some stage to travel to these areas and see these beautiful sites with their own eyes.

I cant wait to start travelling the world (hopefully next year) and get to snap some new cultures and sites.  Im thinking Europe is where my camera wants to go next haha.


    Rapaki

    Waiwera

    Sumner Beach, Christchurch

    Wetlands Road, Te Anau, Southland

    Rapaki, Canterbury
  
    Te Anau, Southland

    Frog Rock, North Canterbury


   Links;

   Fab & Finesse
   https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fab-Finesse/241396005947453

   Milford Sound Trip
   http://www.realjourneys.co.nz/en/destinations/milford-sound/

   Christchurch
   http://www.christchurch.org.nz/

   Te Anau
   http://www.fiordland.org.nz/About-Fiordland/Te-Anau.asp

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Awesome pics Shayden! Love the sumner one!! Have you thought of printing them on canvas and selling them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Brooke, no I have never thought of selling them. I guess if I get better I could get into that and do it through work.

      Delete
  2. Shayden, You have this natural talent for pointing your camera(or even your phone)at things and getting the most incredible photos. I totally agree about Milford Sound too, such a beautiful place, it is hard to put those cliffs into real perspective... they do not fit, just too damn big... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Thanks so much for your comment!! I love the scenery just as much as I love taking the photos so that helps!! Appreciating what is around us is a huge thing sometimes we just need to slow down and look around.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Follow us on Instagram @moochstyle

Pin this bad boy