Easter weekend

23:36

This year Easter is a 4 day weekend, I don't get down to see my family very often so I thought I would pair a trip down to my Mums new place in Waiwera with a trip up the South Island on the way home to visit my clients.

I always love getting away from the city, my job is quite demanding at the best of times so Its great to get away from the hussle and bussle and spend time with the family in the middle of no where.

The Trip down was interesting, the rivers were flooded and I had to cross 2 bridges that were completely taken over from the rivers we once knew, my mazda coped amazingly well - buy an axella they are awesome cars.



 
I got to mums place in good time considering the weather, it took me about 5 and a half hours.  I get out of my car and have a small anxiety attack because I HATE my car being dirty, obviously the mixture of flood waters, rain and gravel roads does not go too well with this.




My Mum is horse crazy.

She has always had them as long as I can remember, I would rather jump on a motor bike and have a blat on that, a much comfier and faster option.

Mum has always had a funny farm with miniature horses, wayyy too many cats, dogs and birds etc.  I managed to get a really good snap of one of her horses called Atom, hes an old boy very gentle and friendly.

We were throwing sticks in a man made pond that is only a few years old to the dogs, to our surprise fish started popping up from the dogs current.  Later on I noticed some Yabbies chasing the dogs as the swam hahaha my parents are stoaked that their pond that they thought was just a muddy pit has some really cool creatures in there.



It's Tuesday tomorrow so I am taking the opportunity while I am travelling home to pop in and see some of my valued clients on the way back up.  My first meeting is at 9 in Balclutha, I am so excited to finally put a face to the name after all this time.  Im hoping this trip will be worth while as Sign Network have just launched a signage guide to Harcourts agents and I am so excited to introduce it to the South Island.

All and all its been a great opportunity to get away from the city and just breathe!!  I realised the first night I was here that I have really missed looking out the window and watching the sun go down,  the horses grazing in the distance and the birds flying back to tuck in for the night.


Talk soon,
Shayden


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow us on Instagram @moochstyle

Pin this bad boy